Home  

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: KOI Talk: General Discussion:
Pond Filter

Web Services & EcommercePurchase Printer Toner and Ink (Original and Remanufactured) Online  - Antivirus Online

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Chingbee
User

Jun 13, 2001, 11:55 PM

Post #51 of 59 (54560 views)
Shortcut
Pond Filter [In reply to] Can't Post

I will be putting up a waterfall as part of the design of the pond - with my 60 tons water volume - how big should my pump be - to make a nice water fall as return and part will go to TT? how will the return via TT be? also a water fall?

Ching

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jun 14, 2001, 3:00 AM

Post #52 of 59 (54560 views)
Shortcut

You can lead the water from TT to first chamber of filter or to the pond via piping.

As the pump, how many filter box you are going to build for your pond ?

Chingbee
User

Jun 14, 2001, 5:35 AM

Post #53 of 59 (54561 views)
Shortcut

I don't know yet - but probably only 1 filter, I might make one small filter for the skimmer so I will need another pump for that.

What did you do Mr. Khoo with your skimmer? did you put the water coming from the skimmer directly to the main settlement tank together with the bottom drain?

Ching

hatemzalloum
Novice

May 19, 2002, 3:00 PM

Post #54 of 59 (54521 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hans Ham] Pond Filter [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Mr. Hans Ham,

This is Hatem Zalloum from jordan, I have an 80000liter pond naturaly designed and made of concrete. It has only one bottom drain of 3 inch.

This pond does not have a filter, I change the water every other week and use it for irrigation.

now i dicided to install a biological filter and stop the water changes.. can you please help me on that ?

Thanking you in advance and wishing you all the best.

hatem zalloum

gemmgjl
Novice

Aug 17, 2002, 5:46 AM

Post #55 of 59 (54430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [David C H Ngie] Pond Filter [In reply to] Can't Post

40,ooo as in dollars? i built mine with a shovel and waterbed matteresses,.it is 4 feet deep at deepest point with very steep sides ,it is over 3000 gallons ,i joined the waterbed material after cutting it into sheets with greatstuff polyurethane foam ,about a foot overlap , i used the foam to secure the rocks at the edge and put in two water falls as i used the dirt from the excavating to terrice the yard.the water falls are full of seaweed and the top one full of pumic rock , the second larger waterfall has the pump going under the gravel under a plate below that , never had any trouble , and i don t add water unless i have to or to dilute any meds or salt ,the rocks were the hardest part as i had to bring them home a little at a time , some were very large , side of express way , jobs i was on ect had very good ones, ,put in lots of plants and its been going strong for over 15 years now , although the trees give me a lot of trouble ,getting ready to expand one more time , but it is best to just add on to existing , if you leave the shollow one and load it with veggie matter arum iris lillies duckweed ect and lava rock , use a small pump to feed into that and you ll have more filtation and bio action

In Reply To
just from that

gemmgjl
Novice

Aug 17, 2002, 6:12 AM

Post #56 of 59 (54427 views)
Shortcut
Re: [David C H Ngie] Pond Filter [In reply to] Can't Post

wow , i was just looking at your pics, i m a carpenter , and work for a constuction co.that put in production lines in the ohio ford plants as well as gm and chrystler from time to time , i don t think we put that much work into those , he he , .very very impressive,if i ever have a spare 40 000 laying around i might have to do something like that to my pond , lol , seriously,nice work

In Reply To

JoyceLim
Novice

Jan 26, 2003, 4:55 PM

Post #57 of 59 (54315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hans Ham] Pond Filter [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Hans,

Need your expert advice on the filter system as I am thinking to have one to support my 5ft * 3 ft * 1.5 ft tank. Currently, it is supported by a canister which I dont think it is good enough Crazycos we need to change the water -- 20% - 40% of the water every 3 days. This has caused much stress to my koi.Frown

I have come up with the measurements for the filter design which is extracted from a book and would like very much to hear your comments and suggestions for improvement. Hopefully, it will help to stablise the water condition. ACoolfterwhich, I have to worry for another issue - mosquite. Guess that I have no choice for the sake of the koiCrazy

Appreciate if I can have your email address so that I send it for your comments.

Rgds

Joyce Lim

dttk
Veteran

Jan 28, 2003, 8:01 AM

Post #58 of 59 (54278 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JoyceLim] Pond Filter [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Joyce, we haven't heard from Hans for a very long time Crazy. I think he has left the forum long ago Smile.
Always friendly :)

JoyceLim
Novice

Jan 28, 2003, 12:02 PM

Post #59 of 59 (54269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dttk] Pond Filter [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the update.Blush

Just trying my luck.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Back to Koi.com.my Main Page

Disclaimer  Privacy Statement     
Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  
No part of the forum postings can be copied without prior permission from Hileytech Sdn Bhd and the Author of the Posting.
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at koi@hileytech.com