Home  

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: KOI Talk: Pond Construction & Water Filtering System:
Advise needed for Koi Pond

Web Services & EcommercePurchase Printer Toner and Ink (Original and Remanufactured) Online  - Antivirus Online

chanys
Novice

Nov 27, 2007, 12:27 AM

Post #1 of 9 (3952 views)
Shortcut
Advise needed for Koi Pond Can't Post

Dear all brother, deeply appreciate if someone can give me some good advise here

I have built a 8x6x2.5 ft fish pond early this year but i realised my house renovator really giving me "sh!*" design which look like grave yard, Pirate you may see the fish pond here
http://chan9911.spaces.live.com

The pond was constructed only 2.5" depth as according to the contractor, there is a draining pipe under it and can not dig further, the bottom contour of the pond was "FLAT" but according to the desinger, it is ok as my pond is so small. My filter compartment is 3x6x2.5 ft accordingly. I have difficulty maintaining my fish pond as the debris are not able to "drain" out and i need to do constant vacuuming to keep them clean. And, I noticed that even after 10 mths of maintaining my lovely koi, all 11 of them are at average size of 12-18" but still very "scare" of me approaching the pond, i suspect may be due to the depth is only 2.5".

I have an intention to demolish the existing pond, relocate the underground draining pipe, and construct a 12"x7"x4" pond, I have ask another contractor to give me a quote and he quoted me 10K for the project, but i am a bit worry of it may again causing me problem as i have no confident on that uncle after he said "this no need, that no need" when i share my opinion with him, on what i read from this forum. For example, explaination on this site http://www.raleighlandscape.com/Koi%20Pond%20Design.htm, the bottom contour and bottom drain, that uncle said it is totally not needed. I insist of buying those bottom drain showed on this site but the uncle told me it is not available in Malaysia.

Beside that, space concern, in order for my second car to park, the maximum size of the filter compartment i can allocate is only 3x7x4" next to the pond, i knew it may be too small but i have no extra space to place it. I was also told by another friend that he heard there are some "rocket" type filter which cost at about RM3-4K and it can solve my space problem, can someone tell me where can i buy this?

I would appreciate if any brother/sister here can introduce any experience contractor by PM me the contact information. Advise on how the "structure" of my next pond will be much appreciated too..

My house is located at Setapak/Gombak Area

Thank you

(This post was edited by chanys on Nov 27, 2007, 12:37 AM)

chanys
Novice

Nov 29, 2007, 12:50 AM

Post #2 of 9 (3880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chanys] Advise needed for Koi Pond [In reply to] Can't Post

so far i only receive pm from brother lcs, no other advise from other brother

drcheang
User

Nov 30, 2007, 6:21 PM

Post #3 of 9 (3841 views)
Shortcut

Dear Ys,
U need to draw ur plan for ur pond n wat type of filter u want.. I had just redesign a pond for a fren where space is very limited.. Ur filter space is enuf if u add TT to ur new pond..
Also the way u complain no other ppls advise u then more likely ppl wont answer to u.. No other koi forum in the cyber space I had found where ppl onli advice purely base on willing to help.. many other forum ppl post is cost they have commercial interst in it..
Another reason is that most sifu here is semi retired.. I onli visit the forum once a week..
Cheang

chanys
Novice

Dec 1, 2007, 3:53 PM

Post #4 of 9 (3813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drcheang] Advise needed for Koi Pond [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah thanks to drcheang, sorry i pull back my complain, in fact it is not complaining la, is just asking for help again and hopefully someone may get back to me soon Tongue

I plan to demolish my existing pond, and to build a new pond with 12x8x4 ft and a side underflow filter at 3x8x4 ft and hopefully i get some comment from all sifu here before i start the construction again.

I attached herewith the initial plan with the kindness help from brother lcs who designed for me and maybe we can start discuss from herewith on the pond design.

drcheang
User

Dec 1, 2007, 6:29 PM

Post #5 of 9 (3803 views)
Shortcut

Dear YS,
I have seen ur old pond.. Ur pond is next to a wall.. I have replan for u.. may b u can put up a TT like the diagram below n make it with cement..Make it like ur wall n water flow back out from the wall.. ur current filter fill it with jap matt to b as mechanical filter.. The filter space u have is too small to b both mechanical n bio filter.. BTW dun put any rocks in ur pond..
I have another design where the bottom drain is fitter with air pump n the dirt is collected in the bottom drain resevoir.. drain ur bottom drain 2x to 4x a day using auto pump n as for bio filter take in mid water.. that leave u with very little space needed for ur filter.. I just design that pond for a fren n will see the result few months later.. so I wont recommand it to u first..
Cheang

(This post was edited by drcheang on Dec 1, 2007, 6:43 PM)

chanys
Novice

Dec 1, 2007, 10:23 PM

Post #6 of 9 (3796 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Dear YS,
I have seen ur old pond.. Ur pond is next to a wall.. I have replan for u.. may b u can put up a TT like the diagram below n make it with cement..Make it like ur wall n water flow back out from the wall.. ur current filter fill it with jap matt to b as mechanical filter.. The filter space u have is too small to b both mechanical n bio filter.. BTW dun put any rocks in ur pond..
I have another design where the bottom drain is fitter with air pump n the dirt is collected in the bottom drain resevoir.. drain ur bottom drain 2x to 4x a day using auto pump n as for bio filter take in mid water.. that leave u with very little space needed for ur filter.. I just design that pond for a fren n will see the result few months later.. so I wont recommand it to u first..
Cheang

Thanks DrCheang, how the TT will looks like and the layout design of the TT will be?
and for my mechanical filter part, what is the depth should be, 4" with bottom drain? as for TT, what should be the width and how shall I flow in and out the water?
Thank you in advance for advise..

drcheang
User

Dec 10, 2007, 8:34 PM

Post #7 of 9 (3662 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Thanks DrCheang, how the TT will looks like and the layout design of the TT will be?
and for my mechanical filter part, what is the depth should be, 4" with bottom drain? as for TT, what should be the width and how shall I flow in and out the water?
Thank you in advance for advise.. Dear YS, Sorry for the late reply. I was waiting for my fren's pond to be ready.. Below is the pic for the TT. The pic tell u how the TT will look like.. pic tells thousand words. The small resevior can use as veg filter. As for ur mechanical filter just fill the filter u draw with Jap mat n wash it as often as it needed. The design is OK... it can any dept but at least 3 feet.. Put coral 10 kg at the last chamber as buffer.. pump in the last chamber too.. UV or not later depends on ur pond cover from sun. Cheang

(This post was edited by drcheang on Dec 10, 2007, 8:38 PM)

chanys
Novice

Dec 11, 2007, 12:34 AM

Post #8 of 9 (3656 views)
Shortcut

thank you very much, now i have a better picture and will start talking to my contractor. my worry now is on the temporary 4ft x 4 ft fiber tank that the contractor willing to loan me temporary while he demolish my existing pond to build a new one can house my 11 x 1ft fish or not.

my contractor have an idea to made my pond bigger a bit also, where instead of 12"x8"x4", he do a 12"x10"x4" but the 2 ft he will cover with concreate top so my car posh still have the space for my car to park, what do you think?

ahtan40
User

Feb 22, 2008, 5:36 PM

Post #9 of 9 (3228 views)
Shortcut

THIS PICTURE TAKEN AT OWN "KEBUN".

How Long it can Last?

The Plastic Pond construct on 1/10/2006.Pond tested around 17 month with direct sunlight. (22/2/2008)

The Plastic Pond Still in Good Condition. No Crack Found.It Usually Can Last Up To 8-10 Year( with probable care)

Usually Fish Pond Cover Up To Prevent Direct Sunlight,( To Avoid Temperature Sudden Change, White Spot)

Means, Plastic Can Last More Than 10 Yrs or 20 Yrs.

YOU CAN REAL FISH IN PLASTIC BEG. NO MORE CONCERETE POND, SOIL POND, FIBRE TANK.

YOU ARE BIDDING RM 7.00/SQUARE METER, ONE ROLL 68M2

WHY THIS PLASTIC BEG FOR REAL FISH?

1.PROTABLE, YOU CAN MOVE TO OTHE PLACE, YOU CAN DIY.SAVE COST!!!

2.REAL FISH EVEN IN "KEBUN GETAH", LADANG KELAPA SAWIT, RUMAH KAMPUNG, IN HOUSE.(AS SIDE INCOME)

3. EASY CLEANING AFTER HARVEST. JUST FLUSH OUT ONLY,INCREASE CYCLES PER YEAR.

4.REDUCE FISH DIESEASE OCCUR , SOIL POND EASY INFECTION BY WHITE SPOT.

5.YOU EVEN CAN REAL FISH ON SANDY AREA OR AREAS WITH ACID SULFATE SOIL.

6.REDUCE WASTING FOOD.FISH STILL CAN EAT FOOD IN THE BOTTOM OF POND. REDUCE FCR . INCRESE GROWTH RATE.

7. FLOOD NO PROBLEM!!!

8.UV-STABILISED,EMBOSSED TEXTURE AND BIOSUBSISTENCE

9. LOW RISK AND LOW SETUP COST, YOU ABLE TO TRY.FAIL ALSO NEVER MIND. ONLY RM 476.00

10. CHEAPER THAN FIBRE TANK, CONCRETE POND. FUNCTION IS THE SAME!!!

11. SUITABLE FOR REAL FRY(BENIH IKAN),ABLE TO CONTROL SUDDEN TEMP CHANGE,INCREASE SURVIVAL RATE,MAY INDOR USE,PROTABLE, CLEAN, REDUCE FCR( SAVE FOOD COST)

PASS ASTM TEST. RESISTANT TO TEAR, TENSILE STRENGTH, ELONGATION, VIOLATILE LOSS, SHRINKING ,SOLVENT CONDED STRENGTH

PRICE, RM 7.00/SQUARE METER . I WILL PROVIDE TIPS/SUGGESTION ON HOW TO DO POND CONSTRUCTION.

ONE ROLL 68M2.ONLY RM476.00.COMPARE COST FOR FIBRE TANK ,CONCRETE POND.

PLS EMAIL US FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

ahtan40@gmail.com OR VISIT http://ahtan40.lelong.com.my

014-204 8281

WE ABLE TO PROVIDE FREE TECHNICAL ON HOW TO MAKE FISH PALLET , FISH DISEASE TREATMENT, FISH TRANSPORT INFO, POND CONSTRUCTION, SALE .

Search for (options) Back to Koi.com.my Main Page

Disclaimer  Privacy Statement     
Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  
No part of the forum postings can be copied without prior permission from Hileytech Sdn Bhd and the Author of the Posting.
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at koi@hileytech.com