Home  

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: KOI Talk: Pond Construction & Water Filtering System:
Need advice on building new Trickle Filter (TT)

Web Services & EcommercePurchase Printer Toner and Ink (Original and Remanufactured) Online  - Antivirus Online

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

KevKoi
Koi Kichi

May 22, 2002, 10:07 AM

Post #26 of 33 (35695 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SMW1] Need advice on building new Trickle Filter (TT) [In reply to] Can't Post

Stuart..... u crack me up man! Laughed so hard I fell off the chair.LaughLaughLaughSly

johnson lee
Veteran

May 22, 2002, 11:44 AM

Post #27 of 33 (35692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TonyG] Need advice on building new Trickle Filter (TT) [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow what an idea! And all this while my wife thought when I say 'what a beauty', 'I miss her', I am talking about my kois!!Wink

And whenever she thinks I am looking at koi magazines, I could be looking at other 'beauties'!!Cool

Just kiddin' anyway! I have tried going into the pond to be with the kois and they are very curious and will swim near me. But I am not sure if this is a good idea at all. It so happened that I had to go in to take a look at my submersible pump otherwise I wouldn't do so. Stuart is right by asking about the bacteria we humans carry? Would it be harmful to them?

I guess, I'll be contented watching them from the pond side!Smile

Johnson

tgarrett
Novice

May 22, 2002, 8:28 PM

Post #28 of 33 (35679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dttk] Need advice on building new Trickle Filter (TT) [In reply to] Can't Post

My lake's nitrate-0, nitrite-0, gh-150, kh-130, ph-8.2 had to add muratic acid 1.5 gallons to get the ph in line. Stocked the pond May 1, 2002 with 850 koi 3-6" have lost about 50! I don't know if that is shipping stress or something else. The dead ones seem to be bloated when I find them. The death rate seems to be slowing as this morning I only found one dead fish. Would like to enclose pictures but don't know how to post them, please advise. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Tom

russwerner
Novice

May 23, 2002, 3:11 AM

Post #29 of 33 (35670 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TonyG] Need advice on building new Trickle Filter (TT) [In reply to] Can't Post

tgarrett

I was so impressed with your 70' x 50' x 3.5' foot pond, I had to run the calculations through myself.

You state that it is approximately 60,000 gallons??? My calculations show a little over 91,000 gallons???

Since your measurements were in feet, I assumed you were talking US gallons???

Why is there such a difference in our calculations???

You take care of the water, the fish will take care of themselves.

http://rnrcc.com/

tgarrett
Novice

May 23, 2002, 4:26 AM

Post #30 of 33 (35658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [russwerner] Need advice on building new Trickle Filter (TT) [In reply to] Can't Post

Angelic If you saw the shape and configuration of the pond you would agree.Cool

Can you tell me how to send a picture?SmileSmile

KevKoi
Koi Kichi

May 23, 2002, 4:40 AM

Post #31 of 33 (35653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tgarrett] Need advice on building new Trickle Filter (TT) [In reply to] Can't Post

go to 'members ponds' section of the forum, start a new topic and there is an upload picture button there.

cheers... waiting to see that lake!

adriel
Novice

Mar 16, 2003, 3:58 AM

Post #32 of 33 (35542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Need advice on building new Trickle Filter (TT) [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Mr. Khoo

My name is rully, a beginner in jakarta.

I have been following the discussion on trickle tower with alot of enthusiasm and understand most of the concept. One part that I seem to have a better understanding :
a. Does the water have to be introdeuced into the tower through a rotating bar ? Does the rotation add aeration ?
b. How to build a rotation bar as such ? Maybe you have a drawing I can study
c. Instead of a bar what if one just use a venturi since a venturi is easy to build.

thank you,
rully

lion
Novice

Apr 15, 2003, 7:31 AM

Post #33 of 33 (35471 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Need advice on building new Trickle Filter (TT) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Mr. Sean Lee, if I'm a koi I'll imigrate into your lovely pond. But, give the prospective dog a strong leash for he might not resist me and join me for a doggy swim. Your fence is made of stainless tube bars (if my koi eyes see properly after refraction) and I don't feel really safe. Got it reinforced before other prying human eyes form the intention of koi-napping me. Worst of all, just like one of the thread writing, the last thing I want is to become somebody's dinner for I don't only look good, I actually taste good. Food for the brains, my countrymen Chinks would say.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Back to Koi.com.my Main Page

Disclaimer  Privacy Statement     
Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  
No part of the forum postings can be copied without prior permission from Hileytech Sdn Bhd and the Author of the Posting.
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at koi@hileytech.com