Jan 15, 2002, 7:12 AM
Post #56 of 56
Hi every body, I've been following this forum quitely for about a year. This so far is the most informative forum I ever know.
Rebuilding pond in Jakarta........any advice welcome
[In reply to]
I'm planing to rebuild the existing koi pond or build a new one and would like to seek advice for the following matters:
1. What's the best koi pond shape? if the shape is irregular, will it cause a problem? can we have irregular shape koi pond while maintain the water quality?
2. I plan to build the pond with one settlement chamber (using vortex system), one discharge chamber, 3 bio balls chambers with wet/dry system & 2 zeolite chambers. Would this system be OK? the pond size is about 6m x 3m x 2m (irregular shape), can you recomend the chambers size (width, length & depth)?
3. If the pond's depth is 1.8m, what would be the filter chambers' depth? should it be the same as the pond's? can I make the discharge & settlement chambers depth at 1m or less?
4. How many bio ball should I put in the 3 chambers? is there any rule or calculation for this?
5. How's the return water arrangement to the pond so there won't be any spot where the water not circulate
I still have many questions to ask, pls don't feel boring with it because I'm still very new in this hobby.