Home  

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: KOI Talk: Pond Construction & Water Filtering System:
Turbo Cleaner

Web Services & EcommercePurchase Printer Toner and Ink (Original and Remanufactured) Online  - Antivirus Online

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

SMW1
Veteran

Jul 5, 2002, 9:48 PM

Post #26 of 74 (47011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jsoon] Turbo Cleaner [In reply to] Can't Post

You can put the turbo cleaner anywhere above the water level of the pond.

The unit requires an additional pump to power it. I would advise a 2000 gph (9000 litres) for the G65 and 750gph for the G20.

jsoon
User

Jul 7, 2002, 6:39 PM

Post #27 of 74 (47004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SMW1] Turbo Cleaner [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
You can put the turbo cleaner anywhere above the water level of the pond.

The unit requires an additional pump to power it. I would advise a 2000 gph (9000 litres) for the G65 and 750gph for the G20.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

How much did you pay for it ? When I saw the unit, it is all made of plastic and I could not understand why we are paying such a hugh price for it.

Accordingly, to the shop who sold me the unit, he said that you can connect it to the pump from the last camber of the bio-filter. Is this possible ?

dttk
Veteran

Jul 8, 2002, 9:31 AM

Post #28 of 74 (46995 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jsoon] Turbo Cleaner [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jsoon, I paid about RM1.9k for the TurboCleaner G65. Yes, you could connect an outlet from the pump in the last chamber to the TurboCleaner.Smile
Always friendly :)

jitwee
User

Jul 9, 2002, 11:48 AM

Post #29 of 74 (46974 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dttk] Turbo Cleaner [In reply to] Can't Post

Recently there is a offer for the smaller version of the turbo cleaner S$450. I thought of adding it to my existing filter system but not sure if there is a need cos my tank is about 2000 litres.The only reason i can give is that my tank is over stock. Therefore i need you people to advise me.Thanks.

jsoon
User

Jul 9, 2002, 8:32 PM

Post #30 of 74 (46962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jitwee] Turbo Cleaner [In reply to] Can't Post

Jitwee,

Can you email me before you buy. Email is:

js73132@yahoo.com.sg

dttk
Veteran

Jul 10, 2002, 4:50 AM

Post #31 of 74 (46961 views)
Shortcut

Jitwee, for overstocked tank, it is better to increase the biomedia and one of the ways is to install a TT, not a protein skimmer like the TurboCleaner. Smile

jitwee
User

Jul 10, 2002, 9:11 AM

Post #32 of 74 (46954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dttk] Turbo Cleaner [In reply to] Can't Post

Is TT a trickle system? It reduces nitrate NO3 and increase the oxygen level,correct me if i'm wrongBlushBlushSmile.

dttk
Veteran

Jul 10, 2002, 9:19 AM

Post #33 of 74 (46952 views)
Shortcut

Yes, TT is Trickle Tower. It is like a biofilter. The good bugs removes the nitrates. It also aerates the water. Smile

jsoon
User

Jul 10, 2002, 1:01 PM

Post #34 of 74 (46948 views)
Shortcut
Power for Turbo Cleaner [In reply to] Can't Post

SWM,

I tried the power rating you post on the net for Turbo Cleaner and it seems that it is not powerful enough. I believed we have to increase the hp for Turbo Cleaner

(This post was edited by jsoon on Jul 10, 2002, 1:03 PM)

jsoon
User

Jul 10, 2002, 9:01 PM

Post #35 of 74 (46935 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jsoon] Power for Turbo Cleaner [In reply to] Can't Post

My testimony is that after the TC running in my small FG after a few hours, the kois are very active.

BTW, guys, is there anyway to reduce the sound from the venturi systtem in the TC ? My tank is near my bedroom.

dttk
Veteran

Jul 11, 2002, 5:55 AM

Post #36 of 74 (46930 views)
Shortcut

Jsoon, ah...so I see you have got yourself a TurboCleaner already...Wink. Yup, have to agree that the "sizzling" sound does become irritating after awhile especially if placed indoors, whats more if it's near your bedroom....Laugh. I'm afraid there's no way to make that sound disappear...Unsure. The koi are more active probably because the water is well aerated by the TC. The good thing is your water will be more pure and contain less dissolved organic proteins, clear and foamless. Cool

patrick123
Veteran

Jul 11, 2002, 7:55 PM

Post #37 of 74 (46913 views)
Shortcut

jsoon,

Where in Singapore did you buy your TC? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

Thanks,
Patrick

jsoon
User

Jul 11, 2002, 8:11 PM

Post #38 of 74 (46912 views)
Shortcut
Re: [patrick123] Power for Turbo Cleaner [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I bought it from a Koi shop which the owner is closing down his shop. However, if you are interested, please contact me. I am thinking otherwise of my TC and may sell at cheaper than my purchase price.

The TC is working fine and I can testify to that. My Kois are very very much happier because of the rich oxygen pump by the TC even better than the air pump I put. However, it is better use if your pond has a drain pipe where the slump can be drain into it unless you do not mind to put a pail below the slump outlet and throw away the water. I cannot afford to do it everyday as my job requires me to travel and I am afraid that the slump may overflow.

Secondly, there is a rumbling sound created when the water is mixed with the venturi system beating into the TC. My pond is near the bedroom and I am affected by it. However, if your pond is at a distance, it is ok.

patrick123
Veteran

Jul 14, 2002, 9:01 PM

Post #39 of 74 (46883 views)
Shortcut

jsoon,

Did send email to you but got no response. Don't know if you got my email. Please email to me at "pchng@lucent.com"

Thanks,
Patrick

jsoon
User

Jul 14, 2002, 9:14 PM

Post #40 of 74 (46882 views)
Shortcut

Email received and replied.Cool

jsoon
User

Jul 15, 2002, 9:09 AM

Post #41 of 74 (46871 views)
Shortcut

Hi Everyone,

I am searching for that guy whom I met in the Koi shop last Sat when I went to exchange the faulty TC. Can you write me an email if it is convient for you. Email: js73132@yahoo.com.sg

You seems to have some issues with the sellers and maybe you can discuss together. Smile

(This post was edited by jsoon on Jul 15, 2002, 9:13 AM)

tanghee
New User

Jul 16, 2002, 3:48 AM

Post #42 of 74 (46857 views)
Shortcut

SmileHi Jsoon,

I have already send a email to you.

Basically my issues is more on pump and have already been resolved by changing to a more powerful pump.

Cheers

Tang Hee

patrick123
Veteran

Jul 17, 2002, 7:12 AM

Post #43 of 74 (46838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dttk] Power for Turbo Cleaner [In reply to] Can't Post

Dr Tan and everyone,

Can Turbo Cleaner by placed in a outdoor environment with extremely hot tropical temperature like Singapore or Malaysia? Is the plastic UV proof?

Do I need a housing or roof to providing shelter for TC to prolong its lifespan?

Thanks,
Patrick

johnson lee
Veteran

Jul 17, 2002, 7:19 AM

Post #44 of 74 (46837 views)
Shortcut

Hi Patrick

Even though I do not possess a TC at the moment but I have seen them in koi dealers' shops. It looks like they are constructed of strong black plastic material.

All those that I have seen and I'm sure, dr tan's as well are put under the shade. I supposed it would last longer compared to being placed under the hot sun and bearing mind that black absorbs heat as well so it has all got to do with durability of the plastic material.

If you have no option but to put under the hot sun, it is best you erect some shelter for the TC. It will definitely go a long way in prolonging the lifespan of your TC.

Cheers!

JohnsonSmile

dttk
Veteran

Jul 17, 2002, 7:45 AM

Post #45 of 74 (46834 views)
Shortcut

Patrick Smile, yes, as mentioned by Johnson, mine is kept under the pergola. I guess there's partial shading. The black plastic/rubber material does seems tough enough to withstand some heat. You don't really need a solid roof over it but some partial shading would be best. Smile

(This post was edited by dttk on Jul 17, 2002, 7:51 AM)

patrick123
Veteran

Jul 17, 2002, 7:53 AM

Post #46 of 74 (46831 views)
Shortcut

Dr Tan and Johnson,

Thanks for the info. Smile

Best Regards,
Patrick

Chingbee
User

Aug 22, 2002, 5:38 PM

Post #47 of 74 (46789 views)
Shortcut

Dr. Tan,

My TC is now operating well enough Sly, but as of now, my pond is totally green, I guess I'll have to wait for several weeks before I could see my koi's in there. Pump started 3 days ago, japanese matting in place, brushes and nets in place Sly, oyster shells in place - boy I used 3 sacks of oyster shell in my single chamber Shocked, had to add some more nettings and foam with it Wink

How long do you think before I get clear water? I've just transfered some of my koi's in there tonight

dttk
Veteran

Aug 23, 2002, 6:18 AM

Post #48 of 74 (46777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chingbee] Power for Turbo Cleaner [In reply to] Can't Post

Chingbee Smile, we're so happy for you! Looks like you've got everything in place. The green water as you know is unavoidable if you don't use a UV. It will clear off gradually as your filter is maturing, say 6-8 weeks from now. Meanwhile your koi will enjoy their new spacious home with alot of phytoplankton as food...Sly. So, don't overfeed them, ok? The TC will of course continue to work during this time but it's real usefulness will be seen after the water has cleared up and the pond is fully stocked and filter matured. Remember to monitor ammonia and nitrite. Smile.

Chingbee
User

Aug 23, 2002, 7:00 AM

Post #49 of 74 (46773 views)
Shortcut

yes, my dealer told me that those in the green water are phytoplankton which are not harmful to the koi. Today, my koi went up to the surface for feeding, that means they are not stress! yehey!! Cool
Dr. Tan, how strong a pump do you use for your TC? Am using a 4,200L/hr submersible pump, is this okey? or do I need a bigger one?

SMW1
Veteran

Aug 23, 2002, 9:32 AM

Post #50 of 74 (46765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chingbee] Power for Turbo Cleaner [In reply to] Can't Post

For a G65 I would reccomend at least a 10,000 ltr hour pump. Aquamax 10000 is running mine, however whien I used a spiltter to try and also run a TT on the same pump the TC did not get enough water to produce the bubbles, therefore it was being used as a very expensive air generator.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Back to Koi.com.my Main Page

Disclaimer  Privacy Statement     
Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  
No part of the forum postings can be copied without prior permission from Hileytech Sdn Bhd and the Author of the Posting.
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at koi@hileytech.com