Home  

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: KOI Talk: Pond Construction & Water Filtering System:
Vortex Units - Urgent!

Web Services & EcommercePurchase Printer Toner and Ink (Original and Remanufactured) Online  - Antivirus Online

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dttk
Veteran

Sep 17, 2000, 7:30 PM

Post #26 of 37 (37780 views)
Shortcut
Vortex Units - Urgent! [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Chlou, congratulations. Is it possible to post some pictures?

Ben
User

Sep 17, 2000, 11:25 PM

Post #27 of 37 (37780 views)
Shortcut

chlou,

Please post pictures here so that all of us can take a look.

If you pond can be featured in this web site, it will be really beneficial to many visitors here.

Peter Chang
Novice

Oct 14, 2000, 9:54 AM

Post #28 of 37 (37780 views)
Shortcut

Dear Mr. chlou,

I am from JB too, near Tampoi. Your 22 Tons Pond sound great to me too, like Ben and others, I would like to have a look at your completed pond. Please provide some pictures here, or in the member's pond photo elbum. Maybe someone volunteer to help lau to post the pictures.
With chlou permission, we can even organize kois tour to his villa. ok.

FrankChong
User

Oct 14, 2000, 8:02 PM

Post #29 of 37 (37780 views)
Shortcut

Hi Chlou,

How is your vortex filter performing. You must have it in operation for one month now. How many koi you are having at the moment.

Ben
User

Oct 15, 2000, 6:40 AM

Post #30 of 37 (37780 views)
Shortcut

chlou,

Please feed back on the efficiency of your Vortex so that we can share your experience.

chlou
Novice

Feb 10, 2001, 9:29 AM

Post #31 of 37 (37781 views)
Shortcut

The surface of my pond is very foamy over the last few days. Seems to get worse with the days.

The water has been crystal clear since the filter mat cartridges were placed in about a week ago. Traces of Ammonia found over the last 2 days.

Anybody knows about the causes of 'foamy water'? What about the remedies?

Thanks and have a nice day. Smile

chlou
Novice

Feb 10, 2001, 9:41 AM

Post #32 of 37 (37781 views)
Shortcut

Haven't checked this site for a few months.

Surprise to know that many of you guys are interested in vortex.

So far the system seems to function well. Hope to get a picture soon. Till then, be patient Smile

My new pond has just been stocked 2 weeks ago. Not ready to receive visitor yet.

Still mourning over the loss of 7 of my beautiful koi, 12 to 18", after my dear daughter switched off the pump overnight.(Had about 23 koi in that tiny 200 gallon pond!)

Have a nice day.

(This post was edited by chlou on Oct 2, 2001, 9:00 AM)

Bancherd
User

Feb 11, 2001, 6:34 AM

Post #33 of 37 (37781 views)
Shortcut

Originally posted by chlou:
Haven't checked this site for a few months.

Surprise to know that many of you guys are interested in vortex.

So far the system seems to function well. Hope to get a picture soon. Till then, be patient Smile

My new pond has just been stocked 2 weeks ago. Not ready to receive visitor yet.

Still mourning over the loss of 7 of my beautiful koi, 12 to 18", after my dear daughter switched off the pump overnight.(Had about 23 koi in that tiny 200 gallon pond!)

Have a nice day.

My condolences. I wiped out half of my kois due to combination of poor pond maintenance and incorrection addition of baking soda.

Bancherd

chlou
Novice

Jul 29, 2002, 7:45 PM

Post #34 of 37 (37760 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chlou] Vortex Units - Urgent! [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Fellow Koi Lovers,

It's been quite a while since I last joined the forum. Very impressed to see the change in look of the website. Great work and congratulations to our Webmaster.

My pond with the vortex system worked very well untill 3 months ago when the water suddenly turn green and became worse after I gave the filter a good flush (to remove those annoying water snails). The water has not turned pea-soup but occasionally green enough to have a visibility of only 1-2 feet depth. The green water problem seems to worsen during the rainy season.

Tried partial water change, added "Cycle", Biozymes...Nothing seems to be able to turn the situation around. Water is slightly alkaline, no ammonia, no nitrites and 12.5 NO3 and repeated tests showed same results. Refused to use algicide and still hoping for a natural turnaround.

Dear friends, what have gone wrong? Frown

CH Lou
CH Lou

cwloo
User

Jul 30, 2002, 6:01 AM

Post #35 of 37 (37740 views)
Shortcut

how about the nitrate reading ? From what I understand, Nitrate is the cause of the green water problem.
Lou, which part of JB are you in ? I'm from JB as well .. very interest to see a working vortex unit. Might be able to get a good picture for the forum as well.

(This post was edited by cwloo on Jul 30, 2002, 6:04 AM)

SMW1
Veteran

Jul 30, 2002, 9:55 AM

Post #36 of 37 (37731 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

12.5 mg Nitrate is not that high at all and I'm a little puzzled to why the water had greened out on you. I imagine that you do not run a UV, correct me if I am wrong.

Just a quick question. When you say you flushed the filter do you mean that you dumped the water out via a ball value or its like or did you clean the filter out ?.

I origionally though that you may have knocked back the filter somehow, but if ammonia and Nitrite are still 0 this can not be the case.

I'm a little confused by this.

Stuart

chlou
Novice

Jul 30, 2002, 6:06 PM

Post #37 of 37 (37715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cwloo] Vortex Units - Urgent! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am staying at Taman Kolam Air.
CH Lou

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Back to Koi.com.my Main Page

Disclaimer  Privacy Statement     
Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  
No part of the forum postings can be copied without prior permission from Hileytech Sdn Bhd and the Author of the Posting.
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at koi@hileytech.com