Nov 21, 1999, 11:32 AM
Post #1 of 56
Hi Guys, My name is Ridwan Goh and I live in Jakarta. First of all I have to salute your web-site and members, you are one of the best web-site of Koi Club. I got the most from here in planning to rebuild my garden pond to a real koi pond, and you are also the one to be blamed for my spending to rebuild my pond.....
Rebuilding pond in Jakarta........any advice welcome
I sincerely thanks you guys, from knowing nothing, and now I have a little knowledge to do the pond sketch. I wonder where to send after I scan it so it could back up all my question below.
My next pond is about kidney-shape about 2.3 m x 2.55 m, with the surface of 5.17 m2 and 8 tons of water, the filter in L-shape with the total length of 4.75 m, width of 0.6 m, and depth of 1 m described as follow :
- Settlement 0.42 m2, Bio-filter 1.73 m2 in 4 chamber, pump chamber 0.35 m2
- Vegetable filter used in the 4th bio-filter + pump chamber, it’s about 0.65 m2
- So based on the surface the filter is 48.3 %, but on the volume it’s only 31.25 %
- I use glass to separate filter chambers in order to get the max. surface and ease of construction
- Media filter are : 2 layer of carlnet for settlement, and bio-ball + zeolite for bio-filter
For I plan to start the construction in real soon, I have several questions which I think you expert guys might help me out....please..
1. Is the filter size enough, which is should be taken to account, the surface area or the water volume ?
2. I plan to have the pond bottom level averagely at 1.55 m, but why sometime it was built with difference level like Mr. David’s from the depth of 1 m to 1.7 m
3. What is the trickle tower and green mat, for I read in the forum it was suggested to use the bio-ball in the trickle filter and green mat in the bio-filter, while I plan to use bio-ball in my bio-filter.
4. How to install an effective surface skimmer, where it goes to, for the water level of pond and filter is the same.
5. What the Water Dechloronatio System looks like and how to install the system, and how about the price ?
6. I plan to use 2 pond bottom drain of 4” PVC pipe, and 2” PVC pipe for bottom drain of each filter chamber. Is it big enough ?
7. What is the best system at the standing pipe joint so it could prevent the water leakage, since I have no space to use the valve for bottom drain
8. The last is how to choose the air pump, because my existing pond is only 60 cm and I just use small aquarium aerator.
Advices are welcome from you all…………
Email : email@example.com