Home  

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: KOI Talk: Pond Water Quality:
yellowish water

Web Services & EcommercePurchase Printer Toner and Ink (Original and Remanufactured) Online  - Antivirus Online

kid_kirby
Novice

Aug 18, 2009, 6:11 PM

Post #1 of 3 (3952 views)
Shortcut
yellowish water Can't Post

Hi guys!
Im having a temporary pond and and my water source has a lot of iron content, is it still ok, to put koi's on the pond. i hadn't set up the filter properly because my koi's would stay there for a week or two. till i completely finish my pond....

Thanks Guys....

larz1
Veteran

Aug 18, 2009, 6:31 PM

Post #2 of 3 (3944 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kid_kirby] yellowish water [In reply to] Can't Post

If your iron content is high enough to turn the water yellow I'd be a little concerned. You might want to consider heavily aerating it to oxidize it, add Koi clay to flock it out of solution, and dump it out of your settlement sump. Test the water for kh, gh, ph to see what it really looks like before and after to see if it is within safe parameters. You might need to circulate through a charcoal filter to remove enough to make it safe.

harryluhur
User

Aug 28, 2009, 7:21 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kid_kirby] yellowish water [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Kirby,
You can use manganese greensand to treat the iron content before the water put in the pond.
Manganese greensand can be recycled using PP. Using aeration before filtering it using MG also can help.

---------------------------------------
Harry Luhur
36 AQUATIC - Indonesia
Professional Pond Builder and Consultant

Search for (options) Back to Koi.com.my Main Page

Disclaimer  Privacy Statement     
Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  
No part of the forum postings can be copied without prior permission from Hileytech Sdn Bhd and the Author of the Posting.
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at koi@hileytech.com