Home  

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: KOI Talk: Pond Water Quality:
is it a must to keep the water crystally clear

Web Services & EcommercePurchase Printer Toner and Ink (Original and Remanufactured) Online  - Antivirus Online

jimjimracing
Novice

Aug 23, 2009, 11:17 AM

Post #1 of 3 (3013 views)
Shortcut
is it a must to keep the water crystally clear Can't Post

my swimming pool was crystally clear, after a few months without any chemical only keep pump running.
water is getting a bit cloudy and a bit green. the fish in there are swimming ...

also i am planning to put some lotus and water lilies on top..

if the water is running all the times.. a bit cloudy is fine or not?

raistlin
User

Aug 23, 2009, 6:35 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2961 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimjimracing] is it a must to keep the water crystally clear [In reply to] Can't Post

The change from clear water to cloudy water is a sure sign some water parameters are starting to degrade. Is your 'swimming pool' a proper koi pond? Does it have some kind of filtration in place? Tongue

harryluhur
User

Aug 28, 2009, 7:30 PM

Post #3 of 3 (2835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jimjimracing] is it a must to keep the water crystally clear [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Jim,
using swimming pool as koi pond is not recommended. SP only use sand filter the filter the debris, which is not so much. Small particles is very difficult to collect by the pump, so maintenance is needed by putting certain chemical to BIND the small particles into bigger size which easily filter. Chlorine is put to sanitize and avoid the algae problems. Beside that, sand filter must be clean at least 2-3 days depending on your fishes wastes. and it is not feasible.

You may considering additional filtration if you still want to use the SP.

---------------------------------------
Harry Luhur
36 AQUATIC - Indonesia
Professional Pond Builder and Consultant

Search for (options) Back to Koi.com.my Main Page

Disclaimer  Privacy Statement     
Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  
No part of the forum postings can be copied without prior permission from Hileytech Sdn Bhd and the Author of the Posting.
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at koi@hileytech.com