Home  

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: KOI Talk: Pond Water Quality:
Water tester recommendation

Web Services & EcommercePurchase Printer Toner and Ink (Original and Remanufactured) Online  - Antivirus Online

simoneinzaghi88
User

Sep 28, 2009, 4:56 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2759 views)
Shortcut
Water tester recommendation Can't Post

Dear forum members,

Is there any machine available to test water quality? Am wondering if there is an ALL IN ONE kind that is capable of testing pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, salt level etc?

Hope to hear some inputs. Thanks and regards.

Simon
Thanks and regards

Simon

PH8
Veteran

Sep 28, 2009, 5:11 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simoneinzaghi88] Water tester recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Simon,Smile

I wondered the same thing when I was new too. Actually there are such all-in-one meters, but they're pretty expensive (maybe RM20,000 upwards). Just not worth getting it. The different tests use different reagents anyway. You can get the basic handheld digital pH reader (with a temperature reading too) as well as a salinity reader. Trans Instruments makes both and they sell for about RM200 each. You can get them from koi dealers like Atari.

For the other tests, you could use the colour based test kits such as the Sera brand. Sometimes they're not entirely accurate though, and make sure you check their expiry date as they don't last forever.

Alternatively, you could get professional water testing companies to come do the tests for you. These tests are much more accurate IMHO. I use Permulab. If you need their telephone number, please PM me.

Cheers,
Paul

cookcpu
User

Sep 28, 2009, 5:25 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2749 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simoneinzaghi88] Water tester recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

There is a multi test meter from Hanna. I am not sure who is selling it and how much it cost.

http://www.hannainst.com/...prods2.cfm?id=030003

Hope this help.

simoneinzaghi88
User

Sep 28, 2009, 5:35 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2746 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cookcpu] Water tester recommendation [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks mate. Almost fell off my chair after looking at Paul's reply that a multi water tester can cost as much as RM20k.

Checked out the link that you attached and it sure looks expensive. Thanks and appreciate your input.

Need more opinions on how to administer S1 solution if you have any. CHeers

Simon
Thanks and regards

Simon

Search for (options) Back to Koi.com.my Main Page

Disclaimer  Privacy Statement     
Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  
No part of the forum postings can be copied without prior permission from Hileytech Sdn Bhd and the Author of the Posting.
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at koi@hileytech.com