Home  

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: KOI Talk: Pond Water Quality:
Anti chlorine crystals - how much to use

Web Services & EcommercePurchase Printer Toner and Ink (Original and Remanufactured) Online  - Antivirus Online

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

stevie
User

Oct 8, 2009, 4:38 PM

Post #26 of 32 (3917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [taywyin] Anti chlorine crystals - how much to use [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Wei Yin,

This is how I do it. I have two parallel carbon filters feeding my house. As in any house in Malaysia we have a water tank on in the roof. From the roof tank which is anti chlorinated by the two carbon filter it goes to anothr carbon filter that feed my pond. I have double chlorine protection for my koi and me and family only single protection, hahahaha, see koi is more valuable than family and myself.

Cheers
Stevie

taywyin
User

Oct 8, 2009, 4:53 PM

Post #27 of 32 (3909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevie] Anti chlorine crystals - how much to use [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Stevie,

Thanks for sharing the info, will definitely incorporate the Carbon pre-filter into my pond design.

I just bought the Sera Cl tester and tested various source of water in my house, like a kid with new toysWink. Looks like water storage in the reserve tank does not reduce the chlorine content. But the Carbon filter works! no sign of chlorine after the filter.

Regards,
Wei Yin

stevie
User

Oct 8, 2009, 5:03 PM

Post #28 of 32 (3906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [taywyin] Anti chlorine crystals - how much to use [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, wow, Wei Yin, you mean you went up to the reserve tank! If you just install the carbon filter the reserve tank has not been completely replace with newer water that has been filtered and some chlorine should stll remained. Try it few days later it should not have any trace of chlorine. Chlorine is bad for our health cancer causing agent and lethal if you boil it so I read somewhere some long times ago!

Cheers
Stevie

raistlin
User

Oct 8, 2009, 5:18 PM

Post #29 of 32 (3899 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the info Stevie. Another DIY project to play with. Smile

stevie
User

Oct 8, 2009, 5:56 PM

Post #30 of 32 (3888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [raistlin] Anti chlorine crystals - how much to use [In reply to] Can't Post

You are most welcome Raistlin. I am a DIY man too. You are going to submerge the pre filter arent you? Just curious, why do you need to submerge it and where? Changing filter will be tough, you go and dive in? Just kidding.

stevie

simoneinzaghi88
User

Oct 10, 2009, 8:36 PM

Post #31 of 32 (3861 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi Simon,

Filter housing at RM28 to RM30. Cheaper one at RM20.

Filter cartridge at RM4.90 at Tesco.

Both can be found in most hardware shops and DIY shops

Cheers
Stevie

Thanks and regards

Simon

raistlin
User

Oct 12, 2009, 6:15 PM

Post #32 of 32 (3681 views)
Shortcut

Yeah. Need to submerge coz my current auto top-up runs through a pvc pipe all the way from the first chamber to my last (clean + pump) chamber. It's kinda resting at the top with a toilet tank float attached, so no I don't need to dive ha..

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Back to Koi.com.my Main Page

Disclaimer  Privacy Statement     
Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  
No part of the forum postings can be copied without prior permission from Hileytech Sdn Bhd and the Author of the Posting.
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at koi@hileytech.com