Home  

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: KOI Talk: Pond Water Quality:
Ozone Generator

Web Services & EcommercePurchase Printer Toner and Ink (Original and Remanufactured) Online  - Antivirus Online

G Chee
Novice

Dec 26, 2009, 3:38 PM

Post #1 of 4 (4748 views)
Shortcut
Ozone Generator Can't Post

Hi All

Does anyone have experience with an Ozone Generator for their Koi Ponds? I was told that when used appropriately, it can clean the water very efficiently.

Thanks

Gerard

Sunshine
Koi Kichi

Dec 26, 2009, 5:52 PM

Post #2 of 4 (4727 views)
Shortcut
Re: [G Chee] Ozone Generator [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Gerard,
I have seen pond with Ozone generator. It works quiet well especially with koi which has disease problem. The water will gets clearer and the koi are more energetic. If it is an indoor pond, I wouldn't suggest the ozone generator as human inhalation to it is bad and it always has some odour smell.
Hope this helps
Sunshine

kelvinbay
User

Jan 8, 2010, 6:29 AM

Post #3 of 4 (4552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [G Chee] Ozone Generator [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Gerard,

I have tried ozoniser in my pond before. The working principle of the ozoniser I've tried is the same as the ioniser we used for our rooms/cars; basically pumps out air with ozone (O3) and introduce them into the pond via an airstone. As I do not know what is a approriate level of O3 to introduce and neither do I know how to measure O3 level in the pond, I chose a much lower O3 output rating recommended for my pond size just to be safe.

It is difficult to tell how effective or efficient the ozoniser was when I was using it but pond water remain very clear throughout and there were no disease outbreak or skin problem even though I have zero salt content in my pond because I use zeolite in the filter (Pse note that am by no mean advocating zero salt environment cause it can be disastrous if there's a nitrite spike). Then again, my water had been clear and there were no problem with the fishes prior to using the ozoniser.

Regards,
Kelvin

G Chee
Novice

Jan 12, 2010, 5:31 PM

Post #4 of 4 (4445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelvinbay] Ozone Generator [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kelvin

Thanks for your input. I'll decide if an ozone generator should be included in my set up when I build my next pond.

By the way, are you the Kelvin whose koi were affected at the recent Koi show at Mainland?

G Chee

Search for (options) Back to Koi.com.my Main Page

Disclaimer  Privacy Statement     
Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  
No part of the forum postings can be copied without prior permission from Hileytech Sdn Bhd and the Author of the Posting.
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at koi@hileytech.com