Home  

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Poll: Polls:
salt water for pond is good

Web Services & EcommercePurchase Printer Toner and Ink (Original and Remanufactured) Online  - Antivirus Online

bboop321
User

Jul 26, 2006, 7:07 PM

Post #1 of 3 (10942 views)
Shortcut
salt water for pond is good Can't Post

i am new to the forum. been visiting for about 3 months, the info i have gotten is wonderful, my first koi were hatched in may, i knew nothing, except to put the breeding ones seperate. i had thousands of babies, now i have about 175 200. they all look good. begining to get color. dont know what to do with them, pond is not big enough to hold all of them. one thing i have not read about on the forum is salt water. my pond has arteisan water and is salty. i have never lost any fish, and hardly do anything except water changes. would like some feedback

utsuri
User

Jul 26, 2006, 9:51 PM

Post #2 of 3 (10938 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bboop321] salt water for pond is good [In reply to] Can't Post

Test your source. You want no more than .03%. That level will help erradicate some paracites as well as improve osomoregulation and respiration under certain conditions.
I do not use salt unless needed. Even if that it is in uaratine and salt baths. I never put it in my main pond or fry ponds.

As for what to do with those babies. Hopefully you can find a garden center or petshop that will take them. They can be hard to get rid of. I have a rule of thumb that many should follow. Part of the studying involved with breeding koi needs to be an understanding of where they will go as they grow. They should NOT be let go in local lakes and streams.

bboop321
User

Jul 27, 2006, 9:15 PM

Post #3 of 3 (10935 views)
Shortcut
Re: [utsuri] salt water for pond is good [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Test your source. You want no more than .03%. That level will help erradicate some paracites as well as improve osomoregulation and respiration under certain conditions.
I do not use salt unless needed. Even if that it is in uaratine and salt baths. I never put it in my main pond or fry ponds.

As for what to do with those babies. Hopefully you can find a garden center or petshop that will take them. They can be hard to get rid of. I have a rule of thumb that many should follow. Part of the studying involved with breeding koi needs to be an understanding of where they will go as they grow. They should NOT be let go in local lakes and streams.

Search for (options) Back to Koi.com.my Main Page

Disclaimer  Privacy Statement     
Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  
No part of the forum postings can be copied without prior permission from Hileytech Sdn Bhd and the Author of the Posting.
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at koi@hileytech.com